SUSE 9.1 and KDE

Phillip Qin Phillip.Qin-szgMhqSEIEG+XT7JhA+gdA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 7 19:29:33 UTC 2004

I need to build a wife-friendly linux machine so I was playing with SUSE 9.1
Personal last night. There are 2 problems I encountered.

1. Java 1.4.2 JRE and X Screen Saver failed to install. No detail error
message in any log file. Since Konqueror/OpenOffice use applets, I manually
installed jre using Sun's rpm.

2. Konqueror loaded but I couldn't click on any menu option or enter
anything in the location bar. I had to kill it.

There was actually another issue. My SMC PCMCIA wireless card didn't work. I
figured out it might be because the Prism54 driver doesn't support WPA.

Could any one who had tried SUSE 9.1 provide any help? Thx

Regards,

PQ

Going to war for peace is like having sex for virginity