Using Microsoft keyboard hot keys

Neil Pritchard qualish-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 3 14:31:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 07:11, Andy Jack wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 12:07:32AM -0400, Anton Markov wrote:
> > I have a "Microsoft" keyboard (the most basic one, I think), which has a
> > set of additional buttons above the function keys - "back", "forward",
> > "stop", etc. How can I bind these keys to events in KDE (say shell
> > scripts or DCOP calls)? The KDE KHotkeys system does not recognize the
> <...>

Gnome has an entirely seperate utility to deal with what it classes as
'multimedia keys' as opposed to regular keyboard shortcuts. Is there
something similar in KDE?

Not entirely sure if this will be helpful, or incite the usual KDE vs
Gnome flamewar, but...

--
Neil Pritchard <qualish-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org>