Tech support/help desk software (oss)

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 23 14:09:46 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   Here is a little bit of an odd question;

   Can anyone recommend help desk-style software package? I'm not sure
what the proper title is for that type of software! What I need is a way
of issuing case numbers, maintain a searchable database of post issues
(and their resolutions) with some way to sort various issues by topic
(ie, Samba issues, Apache issues, etc) and, ideally, a way to let other
people search the issue/resolution database from the internet.

   I am going to google/sf for it but I wanted to see if anyone on the
list had any particular pointers. Thanks!!

Madison