automate ssh login

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 22 15:51:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 07:44:51AM -0800, James wrote:
> but this script will be used for other department too and log in to different server. i am
> wondering if there is a way as easy as to provide user name and password from the ssh command line
> ?  or, works better and easiser set up in my case ?

When using ssh in a bunch of pipes, it will "do the right thing" and ask for authentication
from your terminal.  There is no way to provide username and password as commandline
parameters, though, as they would be visible to anyone else on the system (via top or ps).

What does the script actually do?  Does it remotely execute a program?  Does it copy
files?

--
taa

   No intelligent man has any respect for an unjust law.
      - Robert A. Heinlein
/*eof*/