NTP with Windows Clients

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 22 00:31:41 UTC 2004

Gregory Pleau wrote:
> < big snip >

OUCH!!!  ;-)

> Well actually I got tired of hearing that the computer time didn't match the
> time on the office phones. So I decided that the only way to prove the
> -phones- were off was to sync everybody to a well known atomic clock....

One time at work, I commented that a particular clock was off by several
seconds.  I was told it couldn't be, because it derived it's time from
the digital network clock.  What that person didn't realize was that the
network clock (deverived from atomic standard via Loran C) only provided
an extremely accurate time base, not clock time.  The clock itself was
manually set.  So if it was set several seconds off, it would continue
to precisely maintain that exact error.  ;-)