External USB2.0 HDD disconnect

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 21 01:24:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:37:16PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Those driver trays were around for years, before USB.  At one time it
> was the only practical way to change drives in a PC.

Of course people running dos didn't mind rebooting as much I guess.

> Anyone here remember disk pack drives?  ;-)

Those 30MB motor eject things?  Or do you mean the old 10 or 12" disk
platters you inserted in a large head/motor mechanism and hoped not to
head crash?  I am not THAT old. :)  I have seen them and heard of them
though.

Lennart Sorensen