External USB2.0 HDD disconnect

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 20 20:13:13 UTC 2004

Hi Lennart,

   Thanks for the reply and the confirmation of what I thought... On the
removeable tray; it isn't an internal removeable tray, it's an external
USB2.0-attached housing that accepts removeable hdd trays. I like it
because it will make it as easy as possible for the client to swap out
the carriers (no [un]plugging the chassis) and the hdd tray is as small
as possible when using a full hdd for backup.

   I guess the next step then is to make a manual backup, put the server
into init 1 and then change all the filesystems to LVM... -Shoul- be
easy enough... (I know, why don't I just kick Murphy in the arse and see
if he leaves me alone still, too! ;) ).

Madison