open office 641 executable

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 20 16:46:19 UTC 2004

I tried to import a gnumeric preadsheet into an AbiWord .doc file - it
wouldn't have it - no error - just no cigar. I have been happy with
gnumeric and AbiWord up until now (I save sp[readsheets as Excel 95 and
documents as Word, so compatibility is OK). But I can see that to run a
business I may need a suite of integrated apps. Will OpenOffice be my
solution?

Also, I just installed OpenOffice 641 (I happened to have it on CD -
I have only a slowdial connection to the Internet). I ran ./setup and it
installed. But damned if I can find the executable. And both README anmd
README.html are empty documents.

I installed it to /usr/bin/openoffice.org641

So, I was expecting to be able to type /usr/bin/openoffice.org641/oo or
whatever and have it run. No such luck.

I am googling for answers with keywords such as 'open office 641
executable'.

Sincerely,

Chris