recovering grub after installing XP

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 20 05:14:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:41:33PM -0500, Justin Zygmont wrote:
> it might change your XP partition to active, so you might have to use
> fdisk to set it back to your linux one.  If you have reinstall grub,

The 'active' partition is irrelevant to Linux.  Partitions are
partitions, and where you boot depends on where LILO or GRUB
think, not where the dumb DOS bootloader sees an active partition.

That and Linux has never subscribed to the idea that you should
be limited to seeing one primary partition at a time.  ;)

--
taa

   I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them
   tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break
   them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible
   for everything I do.
      - Robert A. Heinlein
/*eof*/