CUPS first-timer

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 19 16:53:59 UTC 2004

I am trying to print with CUPS drivers for the first time.

I set up the printer and printed a CUPS test successfully - looks
horrible but that's for another post. Trying to print an NSMEssesnger
email it's asking for Print Command. I gooogled around a bit and the
only command I see is lp and lpr. I tried both of these and get

Status Information:
sending job 'lsf-bi+AKbBUZKZeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org+827' to hp at localhost
connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
cannot open connection to localhost - No such  file or directory
Make sure  the remotee host supports  the LPD protocol
abnd acceptsconnections from this host and from non-privileged (<1023)
ports.

Location: lp0
Printer state: idle, accepting jobs
Device URI: parallel:/dev/lp0

Any ideas. Seems to be tryign to print over a network, yet the CUPS test
happily prints to the printer port.

Chris