linux VMware w W98 SE in vm

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 12 21:36:23 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

[...]

> > goes a little further (I even managed an fdisk to create the virtual C: drive
> > this morning) and I get the 'you need  7340032 bytes available on your C:
> > drive' (where this 'C: drive is inreality I don't know, but my 1GB  /  is
> > only 11% used).
>
> How large did you make the vmware disk that you are trying to install
> win98 on?  I would think 500MB would be about the smallest you could get
> away with.

I don't remember even configuring that. Virtual Machine Ctrl Panel reports the
virtual disk as 'Compact 4.0 GB'. 'Capacity' section has 'Current size: 768 Kb',
System Free: 2.5 Gb, Maximum size: 4.0 Gb'. And, yes, those lowercase b's are
VMware's - I hope that is just ignorance on their part and they really mean KB and
GB.

BTW, are my email lines wrapped properly? I don't know how to check that (View
> Wrap Long Lines is greyed out while composing messages), but I've p'd some in
the past with ignoring that.

Chris