Mandrake 9.1 kernel update problems

Austin Acton aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 21:34:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:26, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> It could also mean that the ftp site has been hacked and that someone has
> replaced the kernel rpm with one that has some nice added features.  Is it
> common for Mandrake rpms to have bad signatures?

As I said, it's not necessarily a 'bad' signature.  Recently, Mandrake
changed from having one gpg key for all their packages to having one for
each genre (standard release, volunteer contributions, security updates,
cooker) because each of these have different levels of guaranteed
security.

Since he was using cooker rpms on a standard distribution, he didn't
have the cooker key installed, so the rpms don't check out.  BTW, the
public keys are always in ../base/ relative to the RPM repository you're
using.

I also forgot to mention the proper way to install the updates to 9.1.
Just:

# urpmi.addmedia updates9.1
http://mandrake.contactel.cz/Mandrake/updates/9.1/RPMS/ with
../base/hdlist.cz

# urpmi --auto-select

and all the security updates should be done for you.

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate