Mandrake 9.1 kernel update problems

Austin Acton aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 19:13:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 14:07, Clive DaSilva wrote:
> Since then I have tried to upgrade my kernel twice since then,
> first to 2.4.21.0.27 mdk and also to 2.6.0.1mdk. In both cases, the
> urpmi tool as well as "rpm --checksig kernelwhatever.rpm" reported a
> "bad signature" and borked the installation.

Don't confuse "bad signature" with "bad checksum".
The latter means the rpm is broken, but the former just means that you
don't have the Mandrake 9.1 pgp key in your rpm database.

You can just install the kernel rpm with urpmi --no-verify-rpm
<name.rpm>.

Also keep in mind that you should not be installing any cooker packages
on 9.1.  A LOT of libraries have changed since 9.1, and cooker rpms are
meant to be run on cooker!  I'd suggest looking in the updates
repository for 9.1, or on the club if you want rpms for 9.1.

Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate