Mandrake 9.1 kernel update problems

Clive DaSilva cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 19:07:17 UTC 2004

Hello

I have been running Mandrake 9.1 for about 3 months now. There was a
memo posted earlyin December on the Mandrake site, suggesting to upgrade
the stock kernel which came with the distro kernel-2.4.21.0.13mdk to
2.4.21.0.26mdk which was patched to guard against a root exploit. This
upgrade seemed to go ok, and I recall using the urpmi tool for this
upgrade. Since then I have tried to upgrade my kernel twice since then,
first to 2.4.21.0.27 mdk and also to 2.6.0.1mdk. In both cases, the
urpmi tool as well as "rpm --checksig kernelwhatever.rpm" reported a
"bad signature" and borked the installation. I got these rpms from the
Mandrake cooker site, so I would presume that they have not been
tampered with. Not sure what to do next, apart from posting a msg here
and a few other sites like linuxquestions.org

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Clive

--
Clive DaSilva CMA