Network Windows XP Pro/Linux Mandrake 9.1

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 11 00:57:02 UTC 2004

Like I said, I would recommend moving the DSL modem to the Linux
computer, because that would make use of Linux's powerful networking and
security features.

Look at the current "Sympatico, Mandrake9.2 and Speedstream5200" thread
(it should develop into a tutorial sooner or later :)) for the setup
info for the DSL connection, or follow the instructions that come with
the source package (or
<http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/how-to-connect.txt>)

Once you can connect to the net from the Linux machine, allowing WinXP
to share the connection is fairly easy. Someone with Mandrake experience
should help you there.

Mr. Justin G. Kozuch wrote:
> I'm using a DSL connection from Sympatico.
>
> Justin

- --

- --

- --
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

 "The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
 - Some bad guy from 007