Network Windows XP Pro/Linux Mandrake 9.1

Mr. Justin G. Kozuch justin.kozuch-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 04:43:26 UTC 2004

Hey Everyone,

I am a new Linux user, and I would like to network my Windows XP Pro/Linux
Mandrake machines together, however, I am very confused as to how to do
this.

I am not very good with Linux, but I am somewhat proficient with Windows XP
Pro.

What I would like to do is this:

- Access files (mp3's, etc) across the network between both machines.
- Test web applications built in the Linux Mandrake environment from the
Windows XP Pro machine, and vice versa.
- Connect to the Internet from the Linux Mandrake machine.

I have all the hardware (NIC's, cabling, hub) required, I just need some
direction.

I have searched google for information, however, I was unable to find
anything relevant.

I live in Toronto, and I would be willing to pay someone as a final resort
if I cannot figure this out soon.

Would you be able to give me some direction on how to get this done?

Thank You Very Much In Advance,

Justin Kozuch