rogers cabal and blacklisting

Tom Wright tom-X19vj+WbKj3k1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 8 22:14:01 UTC 2004

So all of a sudden I find my emails bouncing. A little investigation and
it appears that SORBS identifies my IP as a dynamic one (quite right it
is, although it hasnt changed fro at least 3 months) so is red flagging
(or black holing) all emails sent from my server. Now I use the SORBS
blacklists in my configuration and they have been a great help in cutting
down spam but why are they so anti dynamic ip's? I've checked carefully
and its not like my machine is an open relay.
In addition reading the SOBS policy on dynamic ip's it seems likely that
rogers has entered it's own dynamic ip address ranges into the SORBS
database. This is a sneaky and underhand way of stopping me from running
my own mail server. I would like to point out to rogers I was actually
saving them processor cycles and thus money by handling my own email.
Now it seems that I need to relay all my email through the rogers servers
which if i remember correctly (must admit i havent checked this recently)
not only require smtp authentication (irritating since one of my clients
dosnt support it) but also require me to use a rogers.com addy as the from
address.

So who should I be pissed at here?
Rogers - for making my life difficult
SORBS - for being a little over eager
Myself - for trying to get clever

nyway enuff said time to find a solution