rogers cabal and blacklisting

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 9 01:23:03 UTC 2004

On January 8, 2004 05:14 pm, Tom Wright wrote:

> blacklists in my configuration and they have been a great help in cutting
> down spam but why are they so anti dynamic ip's? I've checked carefully

Because huge volumes of spam come from dialup, cable and dsl connections.

Personally I have nothing against blacklisting home Internet connections, a
home user usually has good solutions available for relaying their mail
(Rogers auth requirement is a PITA).  Those who want to send directly are
usually running their own mailservers (crontavening AUP) or they're spammers.

Sympatico and Rogers are both lying bastards when you get right down to it,
they will never admint that a problem is on their end.  For anyone remotely
technically competent there are better solutions, even if you're not
techically competent there are probably better solutions.

> nyway enuff said time to find a solution

Solutions are out there, see discussion about DSL providers recently.