Local Linux laptop supplier: success!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 6 16:04:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 06:51:27PM -0500, Teddy Mills wrote:
> Choosing a laptop vendor, just because they support linux; is that reason
> enough?
> I would be much more interested in the laptop itself, the hardware, price
> and components, and overall support.
> The linux support you can do yourself, and will probably do a much better
> job than the company would.

Supporting linux is generally a good indication that the laptop is NOT
full of proprietary junk.  It can also save you the MS Windows tax and
hence make the laptop cheaper.

Just because they support linux does not imply they make or sell
inferior laptops.  I suspect the contrary is more likely true.

Lennart Sorensen