OT: Video signal on monitors

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 6 01:19:41 UTC 2004

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Matthew Godycki wrote:
> > Thanks for your response.  All I can tell you so far is that the images
> > on my LCD certainly seem fuzzier than they do on the TV.  This may be a
> > silly question but... What's a bttv based card?
>
> Ah, what LCD ? I mean, glass tube CRT monitor attached to computer,
> running 800x600 and 16bit color or above, 17 inches or more diagonal,
> preferrably brand name monitor.

The monitor in question is an IBM T750 17" LCD which has a
native resolution of: 1280x1024 running in 32bit colour. In all
other aspects, I've found it to be a very nice monitor.

> A bttv based card is any video capture card based on the Brooktree
> chipset, such as flyvideo, avermedia and a few others. Under linux it uses
> the bttv.o module. it used to be one of the better low cost capture card
> chipsets (there are better ones now but I do not know about them).

Ahh.  I think I'll need to do a little bit of research here, see what my
ATI tuner card is using and see what else is out there using the
chipset you mention.  Perhaps there are enough differences in the
chipsets to warrant having a look at a different card.

Thank you all for your continued ideas!
-Matt