Linux and PIC development

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 4 22:34:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, William Park wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:23:16PM +0200, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> >
> > Join the piclist (use google to locate it) at MIT. I've been picing
> > for 9 years now and been on that list for a few. The list has a
> > searchable archive which you probably want to use.
>
> Just curious...  What can you do with it?  Can you give some
> applications (profitable or not) that it can be used for?

Just about anything that will run in up to 16k of rom in a single chip, at
up to 40MHz clock with several peripherals on chip, inluding a/d and d/a.
Say, mouse, heating controller, remote countrol (ir or rf), toys, alarms,
robots, basically your average 'computer' box with a few buttons and a
display, of the likes of the ones controlling your heater, microwave oven,
tv remote etc etc etc.

Peter