Ease of installation?

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 28 04:27:44 UTC 2004

I suspect that the earlier versions of PM cannot cope with the gigabyte
sized disks, and that's why it didn't work on the most recent versions of
Windows. (So it's not the operating system, I'm sorry, I didn't make that
clear.) I don't know if that would be different at the DOS level, I didn't
try it, but I rather doubt it if it's an issue relating to the size of the
disk.

Peter

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:33:44PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Peter Hiscocks wrote:
> > Interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks, guys.
> >
> > I have an older version of Partition Magic, but it no longer works on
> > something like W98, and I'm loath to spring for the cost of an upgrade.
>
> Can't you build PM DOS bootable disks?  That's the way I've usually used it.

Peter D. Hiscocks
Ryerson University,
350 Victoria Street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3, Canada