Interesting warning regarding filesharing

Garth Meisel Garth-xsdjDKdUMl2akBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 18:20:50 UTC 2004

On Thu February 26 2004 1:12 am, Marcus Brubaker wrote:
> True, but hope you never have to get routed through the US on a foreign
> trip or you're screwed.
<snip>
Exactly my point earlier, and I'm glad you brought this up.  Especially NOW
that air travel passenger manifests are so tight.  It is my expectation that
there is nothing illegal about someone in the right position in the US (or
elsewhere for that matter) that has a bone to pick with whomever to find that
their plane is going to be grounded while in "their" air space and then it's
over.  Sure, the plane gets some free fuel and gets airborne again quickly
but I feel sorry for the guy/girl that thought they were on a "No-stop" fare.
For copying some MP3's or even M$ latest advanced server edition, I doubt it.
But I think it all depends on the person with the bone to pick.  A collar is
a collar and setting precedent  in the courts of the world is surely the best
thing any law motivated "person" can do in their lifetime.  Unless they set
more precedence!