NewTLUG - futher topic details for Tuesday's meeting

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 24 17:08:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > Trivia question: name the science fiction novel that has an allusion to
> > utzoo!henry.
>
> The best money, guessing, would be _A Fire Upon The Deep_...

Yep.  Actually, I'm told that *all* the future-Usenet characters in that
book were based on real Usenet personalities, but the one based on me
seems to be the only one people found easily recognizable.  (And that's
probably deliberate, since that was about the only one whose portrayal was
really complimentary.  Most of the others, if easily recognized, could be
considered libelous...)

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org