Uninstalling

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 19 23:57:20 UTC 2004

you can uninstall a package via the -e flag...

For example, to remove ntp-4.1.1a-9,
rpm -e ntp

Note that you only need the package name, not the version.

You can get a list of all packages installed in your system via:
rpm -qa

You can pipe it to 'less' to scroll around.

You can see the description of a package via:
rpm -qi ntp

and a list of its files:
rpm -ql ntp

and you can find out what package owns what particular files:
rpm -q --whatprovides /bin/sh

Hope that helps!
-Jing