Calling all potential speakers

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 18 23:43:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Byron Sonne wrote:

> I am asking the following in all seriousness: how come I've never heard
> anything about kangaroo riding? I searched yahoo and google and couldn't
> find anything!

Were you expecting to find something? :)

I'm just trying to imagine the challenge of attempting to saddle a
kangaroo :)

> I know it sounds like a really brain-damaged thing to do, actually I'm
> quite sure it is ;) but people ride bulls quite a bit and other odd
> things too. I've seen men riding ostriches and racing them... any wacky
> 'roo stories in this regard?

I don't recall having ever heard of anyone considering or attempting to
ride a kangaroo, or any other form of Australian fauna for that matter :)

Now if some of the Megafauna had survived maybe - until only maybe 50000
years ago there was a giant relative of the wombat in Australia called the
Diprotodon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprotodon

I remember seeing a skeleton in a zoo many years ago.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.