OT: Looking for a specific KVM

Jason Shein jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 13:41:28 UTC 2004

Look into the Zonet's line of products.

http://www.zonetusa.com/

You can get these locally and they work well.

http://www.zonetusa.com/kvm3008z.htm 8 port
http://www.zonetusa.com/kvm3016z.htm 16 port

just be aware when you buy your cables that the video port on these switches
are female, so you will need to buy a male to female adaptor for the normal
style of cables.

   	[Features:]

    * Access multiple computers from one keyboard, mouse and monitor without
 extra interface card or software.
    * Support IBM PS/2 or PC/AT compatibility computer (PC, Notebook PC,
Server, Work Station).
    * Support Win95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP, DOS, Linux, Unix, Novell, Free BSD.
    * Control from panel buttons, hot-key or OSD menu.
    * LED indicator and buzzer sound for switching confirmation.
    * Auto-scan interval setting both OSD and Non-OSD model.
    * Two way button, can be push from front or press from top.
    * Intelligent keyboard and mouse simulation, all PCs can booting in the
same time.
    * Auto convert serial mouse to PS/2 mouse.
    * Support Microsoft IntelliMouse (Pro), Optical Mouse, Logitech Mouse
Man,
      Wheel Mouse, Scroll Point.
    * Auto-scan automatically selects computer sequentially.
    * (OSD: 5 sec. interval, Non-OSD: 1 sec. interval.)
    * Keyboard states automatically saved and restored when switching
computer.
    * Automatically restored mouse type when switching computer.
    * Cascade configuration expands system capability
    * Plug and Play system configuration, hot plugged PC or keyboard, mouse
any time.
    * Support VGA, SVGA, XVGA, resolution: 1960 x 1440. / 200 MHz
    * Support DDC 1/2B
    * PC port keep alive capability, KVM powering down all PCs still keep
active.
    * KVM3008 series can be fixed to standard 19'' rack.
    * Hot-key selectable scroll lock / caps lock.
    * Security lock function .(OSD)
    *

      Hot Plug- Add PCs or remove connected PCs for maintenance without
powering down KVM Switch or PCs
    * No software required - Easy PC selection via On Screen Display Manual
(OSD), Push Buttons, Hot Keys
    * Support 8 characters Password Protection & Search PC Server Name
    * Auto scan-mode for monitoring PCs
    * Keyboard status restored when switching PCs
    * LED display for easy status check
    * Buzzer sound for switching port confirmation
    * Using Standard Keybaord, VGA, Mouse Cable
    * Built-in one extra daisy chain port and no waste any PC port
    * No DIP Switch setting needed and Auto-Detection Daisy Chain Bank

Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>   I am hoping that I might luck into one or two specific KVM switches
>through someone here on the list (or someone might know where I can get
>these for a decent price). I already have a Belkin F1D104 switch which
>has the ability to cascade to other KVMs and most importantly to me the
>ability to switch through the ports and cascaded switches from the
>keyboard.
>
>   They are a few years out now so I can't get them new and eBay is such
>a pain in the arse so if anyone can help me I would be very much
>appreciative! Oh, I need ideally two more switches (10 computers
>already) but if the price is good I would take three just to have it for
>later.
>
>   Well, here's to hoping someone has one buried in a closet somewhere!!
>
>Madison
>
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
(o_
//        Linux - The Choice Of A GNU Generation
V_/_                     Jason Shein
      		Linux Registered User #281100
		 jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org