Debian and KDE 3.2

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 11 21:51:40 UTC 2004

On February 10, 2004 05:56 am, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> > > Or replace 3.1.4 with 'latest' and never worry about it again. :)  At
> > > least that's what I recall using in the past.
> >
> > Well KDE state 3.2 instead of 3.1.4 when I visited.  I have it in my
> > sources.list and when I tried to install kdebase there was a ton of
> > dependancy problems and I gave up.  I don't think the deb is ready for
> > us yet.
>
> Doh, as Lennart suggested use  http://download.kde.org/stable/latest/
> Debian/ ... I copied the wrong line from my sources.
>
> I'm not sure what problems you're having, I'd originally installed kde
> 3.1.4 right from kde and the upgrade to 3.2.0 was trivial.  It might have
> been a little tougher on the original upgrade from Debian's kde 2.2 to
> kde 3.1.x but I can't recall right now.

I have since read that the KDE 3.2 was compiled only to be compatible with
'woody'.  Since I am to a large state 'unstable' that explains the
dependancy problems.   I might just try the 12 hour compile of 3.2, until
the frustration level gets too high anyway.

--
Merv Curley

Scarborough,  Ont

Libranet Linux  2.8   KDE 3.1.4   KMail 1.5.4