SME Server 6.0

Paul Croft pjc-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 10 00:29:08 UTC 2004

It's in my opinion a very good product. I have set  it up 5 or 6
different times from version
5.0 (I think) 5.6, and 6 beta. It is by far the easiest setup for a
standalone server or server gateway out there. It's based on redat 7.3
stil I believe. Mail server,web server, virtual domains, webmail, User
accounts and disk allocation, you name it's there out of the box and
easily configurable through their browser based configuration panel. It
runs very nicely on lower end hardware too. I had a p166 64mb ram
running as a gateway,mail server, webmail, 3 post nuke sites, and a file
server for around 8-10 clients for about 4 months without a problem
(just for giggles). Give ti a try, I'm sure you will pleasantly
surprised....