New user and questions

SRB srb-s8PdfxpoPdHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 7 04:44:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm new to this group (and Linux). I'd like to know if there's anywhere
to get training on Linux around T.O. Not exactly beginner stuff, but
intermediate knowledge.

Although being new to Linux, I have experience with M$ windows and Mac
OS. Unfortunately no experience with any UNIX-related OSes.

I've got a few books and a few different distributions, so every spare
moment I have, I am diving in. Hopefully I won't be asking too many
stupid questions here! I'm impressed by the elegant and structured
format of Linux so far, as well as the Open Source development philosophy.

Would a person in my position find it useful to attend any TLUG
meetings? Or is it advisable to educate myself a bit more first?

Thanks a bunch for any pointers in the right direction.

-Steve.