problems printing pdf

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 22:27:39 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I'm afraid this may be an embarrassingly basic question, but I'm having
trouble printing pdf files from a new printer and am not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

The printer is a HP Laserjet 1300 which is listed
http://www.linuxprinting.org as needing a postscript driver.
Using Redhat's printer configuration I deleted the old printer, and added
this one as /dev/lp0 with a postscript printer. The lpr command now works
okay for text and postscript files, but does not seem to work for pdf
files (it prints garbage).  Did I do something wrong or am I missing
something obvious?

Alex

Alex Maynard
Assistant Professor