Anything besides RealPlayer that plays Real ?

Gregory D Hough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 14:28:33 UTC 2004

On 02/04/2004 10:09:41 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   The subject says it all.  Is there any non-spyware that runs on
> linux
> and plays Real's audio+video?

Please excuse my ignorance in this regard, but what exactly does
RealPlayer do that it could be classified as "SpyWare"? And is this
something found in more recent versions of RealPlayer for Linux?

The reason I ask is because I never installed any new releases of
RealPlayer for Linux. I use an rpm from an old boxed set of RH7.0 and
then perform post-install repairs to mailcap etc.

Just curious,
farmer6re9