Need help to configure sendmail

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 28 23:15:48 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 16:45, Frank Peng wrote:
> the mailq command says
>
> iBOLZgJX000383       47 Fri Dec 24 16:36
> frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
>                  (Deferred: Connection timed out with
> mx4.mail.yahoo.com.)
>       root-tWQoongPzM9NivhThqwQo9BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
[snip]
> It looks yahoo.com ignore familywehbouse.com's email.
> Since this name is resulved, why this happen? I do not
> know.

My guess would be that you are using Sympatico DSL Internet at home.
Sympatico does not allow you to send email directly to the Internet, all
email must go through their servers.

Try this:

    telnet mx4.mail.yahoo.com 25

You will see that you cannot connect to Yahoo's mail exchangers ... if you
aren't using Sympatico then there might be another reason (perhaps you have
local firewall rules installed that block SMTP?).