Need help to configure sendmail

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 28 18:35:31 UTC 2004

Happy Christmas!

My mc file is as following. I used m4 to create a
sendmail.cf file.
When I telnet localhost 25
and
helo familywebhouse.com
it says pleased to meet.
mail from: frank-tWQoongPzM9NivhThqwQo9BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
it says sender ok
rcpt to: frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
it says receiver ok.
data
this is a test from linux to yahoo.com
.
it says ready for delivery.

But I cannot receive it and I cannot receive any email
in my linux box when I send an email from yahoo to my
linux box.

But I can send an email in my linux to another user at
the same linux machine.

Since I can telnet familywebhouse.com from outside to
my linux, I think my linux name is resolved. I cannot
understand why the sendmail cannot get it send and
received. Seems my pop3 is running.

I cannot find any clue of promail. I cheched my
/home/<user>, there is no such a file like .procmail.
I can find something in /var/spool/mail/mqeueue, but
nothing at /var/mail.

It seems procmail did not do its work?
Please give me a hand!

Frank Peng.

OSTYPE(linux) dnl
define(confTO_CONNECT,1m)
define(confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST,true)
define(PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH,/usr/bin/procmail)
FEATURE(smrsh,/usr/sbin/smrsh) dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable,hash /etc/mail/virtusertable)
dnl
FEATURE(redirect) dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain) dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file) dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail) dnl
FEATURE(access_db) dnl
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients) dnl
FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains) dnl
MAILER(smtp) dnl