VIA EPIA mini-ITX motherboard + case?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 17:34:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:09:41AM -0500, Sidney Shapiro wrote:
> Tim Writer wrote:
>
> >William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> >

> >>Well, I was in the College-Spadina computer annex today, and I found the
> >>place where I had seen the VIA boards advertised.  It is Filtech, on
> >>College just south of Spadina.  Here's their web address:
> >>
> >>http://www.filtechcomputer.com/product/default.asp
> >>
> >>I brought home the price list.  They don't have much in stock, but they
> >>can get things in within a couple of business days (or so they say, but
> >>they seem quite well-favoured and keen to serve).  Here is the price
> >>list:

> I am looking to get one for the car, anyone know how this would work
> in terms of the power supply? I am planning on getting a touch 8"
> screen and booting off a 2.5" HD and hooking up an external USB2 drive
> with MP3s and movies.

>From pictures, those small mini-ITX case seems to be powered by external
12V block AC adapter (60W).  The case has 12V-to-ATX conversion circuit
inside.  Probably, you could just plug into car.

As for booting, I'm planning to boot from USB key drive.  This is the
main requirement for my Linux thin-client (which started this whole
thing).  In fact, I need the case to be decent size, not too big but not
too small.

Why not get a portable DVD players? :-)  They are cheaper than building
yourself.  Just insert DVD, and press "play".

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Linux solution for data processing.