Hauppauge TV Tuner card @ Staples

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 16:26:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:20:05AM -0500, Paul Mora wrote:
> I was in Staples yesterday, and noticed that they had the Hauppauge
> WinTV GO PCI TV tuner card on clearance for $79.99 ($20 off the
> regular price).
>
> I had purchased this card awhile back, and it's a great card for the
> money.  It not only does TV, but also FM radio.  And best of all, the
> card works flawlessly under Linux.
>
> I'm not sure if this clearance was specific to one Staples or all, but
> if you're interested in getting TV on your Linux box, it's a cheap way
> to do it.  The Staples I saw it at is at Morningside Ave. @ Sheppard
> Ave.

Hmm, a PVR350 on sale would be way more interesting.  A PVR250 isn't bad
either of course, but the 350 really seems like the thing to have.

Overall hauppauge does seem to get linux support for most of their
hardware.  They seem good at releasing enough of the specs for it to
happen at least.

Lennart Sorensen