FC3 and up2date warning

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 12:56:19 UTC 2004

linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org writes:

> I don't know if it is just my system but it looks like my psql problems I
> posted about recently were a result of updating through the redhat up2date
> app. Well, today I ran some more updates and thuroughly hosed my laptop. I
> still have shell access but psql is dead again and X gets to the high-res
> black screen and then sits forever flipping the hourglass.
>
> I am not amused. I am downloading FC2 which I am going to reinstall
> shortly. If in the meantime anyone has an idea what might have gone wrong
> or what I could do about it I would very much appreciate. Also, the
> command 'up2date --list-rollbacks' (or whatever) prints garbage... it
> crashes, too.
>
> Bloody hell... It's Microsoft all over again.

Except that you have a choice.  Try Debian (or Ubuntu if you like GNOME).
Debian will take a little longer to setup but once configured, you won't have
these type of problems.  Ubuntu is a breeze to install.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada