Anyone using a Tungsten T5 PDA with Linux?

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 20 04:10:02 UTC 2004

Hi.

I have a palmOne Tungsten E PDA, and I use it under Linux all the time
(it's the only thing I run on my laptop).

For syncing, I use JPilot, an app which is very similar to the Palm
Desktop.  You can get it to sync with Evolution for email if you wish,
although it may take some fiddling to get it to work.  I had Evolution
sync working with my old Palm IIIX a few years ago, but I don't do it
with my current one.

As for the SDC/MMC cards, I have a SanDisk 256Mb SD card, and I can
read it under Linux using a USB reader (Lexar Jumpdrive Trio).  I keep
music files (MP3s & OGG), pictures (JPEG) and other files on the card,
and have no problems reading them under Linux.  I can also copy files
to the SDC card and then use them with the Palm.  Works much faster
than the USB sync cable (which is only USB 1.1, while the Jumpdrive is
USB 2.0).

pm

--
Paul Mora