Defective L2 cache -- next steps

Logan Rathbone logan.rathbone-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 17 07:45:02 UTC 2004

After months of mysterious ICEs (internal compiler errors) with GCC, I've finally narrowed down that there's a problem with my computer's L2 cache.  It is a 256 KB cache.

My question is, what do I do, now that I've detected that there's a problem in my L2 cache which has been causing these problems?  Do I need to replace the part, or is there some kind of program I can run that can test the cache and fix errors?

Thanks, I appreciate any help!