Dec. 14 T.L.U.G. Talk follow-up.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 17 03:02:57 UTC 2004

Just to follow-up on my T.L.U.G. talk on Dec. 14:

- A thank you to Chris Browne and the folks at Afilias who lent the video
projector that I used during the presentation. Had I had to bring the
monochrome projector from my office things would have been a lot uglier.

- For those who missed my talk about "The Temporary Internet Lounge" you
will be able to read my article that formed the basis of my talk in the
February 2005 issue of "Linux Journal". On page 3 of the January issue of
"Linux Journal" in the "Next Month" column you will see a brief introduction
to my article.

- For those who want to download a copy of Knoppix to play with, have a look
here:
  http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
  or here:
  http://www.knoppix.net/

- Regarding Torcon 3 (the 61st World Science Fiction Convention), where I
  set-up a temporary Internet Lounge:
  - the main website,
      http://www.torcon3.on.ca/
  - The volunteers,
      http://www.torcon3.on.ca/about/committee/index.html
    You will find me under "Member Services".

- Regarding World Science Fiction Conventions in general,
  - here is a list of where they have been:
       http://worldcon.org/wclist.html
  - here is a list of where they are going:
       http://worldcon.org/
    Next stop Glasgow, Scotland, 4 - 8 August, 2005

- The wallpaper that I used on my laptop (and which was I think briefly
visible at the start/end of the presentation) came from Digital Blasphemy, a
web site that offers all sorts of computer generated wallpapers by Ryan
Bliss. The focus of the site is to sell CD-ROMs with collections of artwork
by Mr. Bliss and/or sell subscriptions to the "Members Only" area. Still,
there are a number of free images available (which are changed
periodically), many of which are excellent. The entry point to the free area
can be found here:

  http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/dbgallery/

Also as noted at the meeting, I am currently under-employed, and am looking
for something better. You will find a copy of my resume here:

  http://www.mcgregor.org/resume.htm

If anyone knows of anyone looking for a system administrator who in a pinch
can be a technical writer let me know.

Colin McGregor