Using/installing 2.6.x kernel with Dynamic Drive Overlay

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 16 18:56:48 UTC 2004

Has anyone managed to get a 2.6.x kernel working with OnTrack's DDO?
I've got a 40gb seagate disc that I'd like to use with some *nix system.
I've checked around and discovered that hdx=remap63 is no longer
supported in 2.6 kernels. What about hdx=stroke? Moreover, should I used
fdisk to change my drive geometry from 4865/255/63 to 4864/254/63?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.