SERVER/HELP

Kaizilege Karoma buguruka-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 12:53:07 UTC 2004

Dear All,
 I am a Junior Networrk Administrator working with one
of universities here in Tanzania, East Africa.

 My current server is running FEDORA with the
following services, Web server - Apache, NAT, Mail
service - Sendmail, Webmail - Squirellmail, DHCP.

 I want to convince the management on the use of Linux
on all the servers. Currently the University is not
computerized, I am buying the new server with, Dual
processor 3.06 each, 3 HDD, 1 GB of RAM, this is the
DELL server.

 Please could you advice me on what Packages and
services to run on the university server, It will make
my life easier if you will mention services I should
install.

I tried to install ATutor on one of my computers here
with no success, If you also advice on open source
packages which are suitable for Universities please do
that for me.

Regards,