Free Software school club?

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 01:51:36 UTC 2004

"Personally my CS degree didn't involve any time on MS products at all."
I have a CS degree, and like Lennart had very little exposure to or
need of MS for it.
I have been a linux user for 8 years now. I know the OS in and out (I think).
However, I've never had a chance to learn anything about MFC / .NET
etc. And, the lack of that knowledge has all told been hard on my
career at times.

All that said, The position I hold now requires detailed admin skills
on at least Linux and windows, and preferably Netware too.  And a lot
of knowledge of OS internals (schedulers, init, network stack poking
and prodding, disk I/O), none of which I learned in school and I wish
that universities had a better practical approach to theoretical
knowledge.
-Joseph-

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:53:44 -0500, Lennart Sorensen