.so dynamic library mangling tool

SlackRat ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 5 02:34:56 UTC 2004

Sergey Kuznetsov <tlug-9a/WvBvX2Qpg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> Does any one knows .so dynamic library mangling tool?
>
> I have to modify precompiled library ( there is no sources at all till
> Monday, but I have to finish my stuff before that time )
> and issue is: this library cannot find gzread, gzopen, etc. because in
> library's header is no such thing as NEEDED libz.so.
>
> I have to modify that library to add there that field: NEEDED libz.so
> but I cannot remember any tool who can mangle
> the libraries in such way.
>
> If someone knows any tool, which allows to do such stuff, can you send
> me the name, or answer here if somebody
> will be interested as well.

I don't know what distribution you are using, but libz is as far as I know
part of most and perhaps all basic gnu/linux systems.

Take a long hard look at your installation files as you may in fact already
have libz somewhere.

In slackware it is part of the 'a' series in aaa_elflibs-9.2.0-i486-1.tgz

Hoping this might throw some light on your problem

--
Slackrat