strange MS visits

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 2 04:06:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:49:05 -0500
Sergey Kuznetsov disseminated the following:

> It's "Google-killer" search engine from Micro$oft. This IP address in my
> permanent iptables ban-list.
> They are very aggressively index my pages almost every day, slowing down
> my connection.

Hmmm, couldn't you add some sort of rewrite rule in your apache conf that would
do something nasty to the originating host?

Of course, this is only hypothetically speaking, doing so would highly
unethical.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
23:04:17 up 10 days, 14:14, 10 users, load average: 0.16, 0.07, 0.01