FC3 - Stop '/etc/resolv.conf' from being changed, how?

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 1 16:06:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:57:23 -0500, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I have now tried everything I can think of to prevent my
> '/etc/resolv.conf' file from being re-written when I switch networks and
> nothing seems to work. I have my own DNS server and I have no desire to

'man dhcpcd' and searching for 'resolv' results in this on my system:
      -R     Prevents dhcpcd from replacing existing /etc/resolv.conf file.

If you use a different dhcp client, there may be a different option.
If there isn't an
equivalent option, it's time for a better dhcp client (i.e. one that
does what you
want).  ;)

--
taa