Burning (Windows) autorun-capable CDs

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 2 01:35:07 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to burn a CD under Linux using K3b (which basically
uses the standard mkisofs, cdrdao, cdrecord tools) which will be
recognized by Windows as an AUTORUNable CD. So far I have had no success.

I have an AUTORUN.INF file which specifies a batch script to be run by
Windows. I have tried burning this under Windows, and it works fine (so
my file is not the problem). In fact under windows I didn't have to do
anything special (no special options or anything), which leads me to
believe there is something wrong with my CD (or specifically mkisofs) setup.

Does anyone know how to burn autorun-capable CDs under Linux (or a place
where I can get the information)? My search on google has turned up
people with similar questions, but no answers :(.

Thanks in advance.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***