programming courses?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 22 22:32:15 UTC 2004

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I think the best one I ever saw was a job posting expecting people with
> 3 years of NeXTStep experience when NeXT had just released its first
> products a few months prior.  (Yeah, that was a while ago :-).)
>
> Those looking for people with years and years of .NET experience also
> seem similarly stupid...

One ad that really annoyed me, was back when Bob Rae was premier.  In
the ad, for a position with the provincial government, they had a long
list of preferred candidates, such as visible minority, female, native,
handicapped etc.  I soon realized that as a healthy white male, there
was no point in even applying.

Discrimination is discrimination, no matter how you slice it.