programming courses?

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 22 22:22:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:54:33 EDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>  said:
> Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
>> Linux skills seem to be in demand now more than ever according to the
>> NEWSLETTER BELOW...My experience has been that you need to offer
>> skills in many platforms. Often a job description with an outrageous
>> amout of experience is an "employer wish list". If you have a GOOD
>> personality its a real plus.

> The big part is getting past HR types, who insist every skill listed
> is essential and won't talk to you, if you don't have them all.  Then
> there's the positions where they want more experience, than the
> technology's been around.  I even saw one ad, where they wanted a
> recent grad, with three years experience!

I think the best one I ever saw was a job posting expecting people with
3 years of NeXTStep experience when NeXT had just released its first
products a few months prior.  (Yeah, that was a while ago :-).)

Those looking for people with years and years of .NET experience also
seem similarly stupid...
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lisp.html

I suppose that is a good ward against cannibalism." -- Nick Manka