dan takes a poll: server names

Glen Strom gstrom-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 29 23:13:56 UTC 2004

Quoting daniel <danstemporaryaccount-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>:

> i like to pick people's brains on this issue.  your boxes @home and
> @work.
> what names have you given them?  do they conform to a theme at all?
> just a
> survey if you're interested.  here's my stuff:

My current machine is called "herring_sucker." That's in part because
I'm convinced there were times, especially when I started with Linux,
that nasty little penguin was trying to suck the very sanity out of
me.

My ancient 486 machine, an IBM PC 350, was called "old_betsy." It wasn't
the fastest machine, but it kept right on running no matter what dumb
things I did to it.

--
Glen Strom
gstrom-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org